Hats Off Military Card Tutorial
Hats off to our military men and women! The hats off military card tutorial makes a fun and easy Army & Navy cards made with the Stampin’ Up Hats Off bundle and the Playful Alphabet dies.
Memorial day is coming up and it’s a time of reflection and gratitude, but we don’t need a holiday to appreciate our men and women in uniform. The Navy hat is in honor of my Step-Dad and my friend Tina Wardell. The Army is in honor of my Dad and Grandfather (who was “Army-Airforce” in WWII, and my friend Don who is on tour in the Middle East currently for 9 months.
I have printable instructions for how to make this below.
Collect all of my “Hat’s Off” videos and tutorials this week. From sports, scouts and military all from the Stampin Up Hat’s Off Bundle.
- Baseball Hat Video
- Military Thanks Hats Off Tutorial
- Hunting & Hiking Hats Off Tutorial
- Cub Scouts Hats Off Tutorial
- Baseball Spinner Card Video
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ score in half
- Frame Panel: 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White (Inside): 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White (Army): 3-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ (or Stitched Rectangle die)
- Scrap: Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Gold Foil, Beauty of the Earth DSP
- For Army Card – stamp:
- Words on white scrap and cut out with Stitched Rectangle die.
- Hat on the designer series paper and cut out with Hat die.
- For Navy Card –
- Cut hat out of Night of Navy card stock and Star out of Gold Foil.
- For both cards:
- Attach scraps of either Daffodil (Navy) or Curry (Army) to Adhesive sheet and cut out the letters with the Playful Alphabet dies.
- Attach the letters to the front of the hat.
- Assemble the designer paper and frame panel with Seal Adhesive. Then attach to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the hats, star/words with Stampin’ Dimensionals.