Hats Off Cub Scouts Card Tutorial
The Hats Off Cub Scouts Card Tutorial created with the Stampin’ Up! Hats Off Bundle for Tiger Scout, Bear Scout and Wolf Scout. These cards are dear to my heart. Both of my sons went from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, and my oldest went on to become an Eagle Scout. One of the first things I saw with the Stampin’ Up Hats Off bundle was Cub Scouts.
Here’s a collage of a few photos of my sons in the Cub Scout days. On the left is my son Harlan working on his Eagle Scout project (he is in the lower right as a Webelo. And yes that is me in the lower left handing out pins, the Cub Master of their pack lol.
I used the same image in the stamp set and colored it differently to create Tiger, Wolf and Bear Cub Scout hats. I was wishing I still had some of last year’s plaid DSP for a Webelo and Boy Scout version.
I have printable instructions for how to make this below.
Collect all of my “Hat’s Off” videos and tutorials this week. From sports, scouts and military all from the Stampin Up Hat’s Off Bundle.
- Baseball Hat Video
- Military Thanks Hats Off Tutorial
- Hunting & Hiking Hats Off Tutorial
- Baseball Spinner Card Video
HOW TO MAKE THESE CARDS
- Night of Navy Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ score in half
- Mat layer: 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Basic White: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White (Inside): 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Scrap: Balmy Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy and Basic White
- Stamp the words and badges on white scrap paper.
- Color the badges with Stampin’ Write markers according to the rank. I used:
- Tiger: Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
- Bear: Cinnamon Cider, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
- Wolf: Going Gray, Real Red, Night of Navy & Daffodil Delight
- Cut out the words using the Stitched Rectangle dies. Cut a mat layer using the next size up die.
- NOTE: I used the Stitched Rectangle dies for the words and the sizes varied based on the words used. If you don’t have these dies, you can cut your white panel to fit the words, then cut the colored panel 1/4″ larger to create a mat.
- Cut out the badges using the coordinating die from the Hat Dies.
- Cut 1 hat from Night of Navy and a second from the card stock that coordinates with the rank. Using Paper Snips cut out the front of the 2nd hat.
- Using Seal Adhesive:
- Attach the word panel to it’s mat / frame layer
- Attach the hat pieces and the badge
- Attach the Basic White to it’s mat/frame layer
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals:
- Attach the background to the card base
- Attach the hat and words to the card