STAMPIN UP DRIVING BY FLIP OUT CARDS – PART 2
Part 2 in my Flip Out Fun Fold Card series features the Stampin Up Driving By Stamp Set for the van and car images. This stamp set is available free during Saleabration (ends February 28).
In addition to the flip out fun fold, I used a few fun techniques. Including coloring the images with Stampin’ Blends markers, and used the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper for the van.
I have instructions and more photos below.
FLIP OUT FUN FOLD VIDEO
How To Make These Stampin Up Driving By Card
- Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Flip Out Insert: 5-1/4″ x 8″
- Score at 4″ & 2″
- Panels for the Sweetly Stitched Dies:
- Largest Scalloped Rectangle – Front Window
- 2nd Largest Scalloped Rectangle – 2nd Layer
- 3rd Largest Scalloped Rectangle – Top Panel
- Basic White Scraps
STAMPIN BLENDS TIPS
Check out my Triple Time Technique video for tips on coloring with the Stampin’ Blends markers.
- Cut the front window of the card base with the Stitched So Sweetly Die. The cut out will become the bottom layer of the flip out panel.
- Cut the remaining dies as listed above.
- Stamp the words on each panel.
- Stamp the van image on Memento Ink on the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Stamp the Color Images with Stampin’ Blends Markers then cut out with Paper Snips:
- Van: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Smoky Slate and Basic Black
- Car: Polished Pink & Smoky Slate
- Flower: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie & Granny Apple Green
- Body: Natural Tones Light (900 & 1000) and Fresh Freesia for the top of the tail that may show
- Hair: Cherry Cobbler & Pumpkin Pie. Optional: Wink of Stella
- Optional: Use the Hammered Metal Folder to emboss the background of the card base.
- Attach the scored insert to the card base with Seal Adhesive.
- Assemble the front layers and the inside layers with Seal and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Close the card base, line up and attach the front panel to the insert with Seal Adhesive.
- Attach the cut outs to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
PART 2 PRINTABLE
Here’s a printable with instructions and supplies for these card. These are Part 2 in my series.
Want to save this card idea? Pin it to your Pinterest board.
Have you tried this design? I love to see your creations! Be sure to share them on #shareyourcrafts post every Saturday on my Facebook Page.
I had some fun creating this card using the mermaid from the Pirates & Mermaids stamp set for the girl driving the car. The car is from the Driving By stamp set.
I added Wink of Stella to the hair for added sparkle.
The Volkswagon Van (vanigan?) and the convertible car both came from the Stampin’ Up Driving By stamp set that is part of Saleabration. The words on the van card card from the the Sunny Sentiments stamp set. The words from the car card came from the Biggest Wish stamp set.
The girl in the car is actually the mermaid from the Pirates & Mermaids stamp set. I have instructions coming for more Flip Out fun folds coming soon featuring this stamp set. For a sneak peek check out the video tutorial above.
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS CARD