Whirly Bird Spinner Card Tutorial
The Whirly Bird Wheel Spinner card is as fun to say as it is to play! Spin the wheel to reveal the message “Hey Chick, let’s celebrate you…”.
For this card I used the Stampin’ Blends markers to color the image. I switched up the window to the circle cut out and covered the brad with the scalloped circle frame. Both of these dies are in the Give It a Whirl Die set.
NOTE: The Stampin Up Hey Chick bundle is retiring! The Hey Birthday Chick will still be available, but if you want the set of 2 bundles be sure to grab your Hey Chick before June 30 (if they last that long). Click here for more details on the retiring list and the sale.
I have printable instructions for this Whirly Bird Card below.
It’s whirlwind week! All week I’ll be sharing how to make these fun interactive cards with videos or written instructions. Each has a different “Spin” on the Stampin’ Up Give It A Whirl dies.
- Give the moon a whirl video tutorial >
- Stellar Spinner Astronaut wow card share >
- Whirly Bird – Hey Chick Spinner Instructions (here)
- Flamingo Spinner Instructions >
- Hot Dog Spinner video tutorial >
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Crumb Cake Card Base – 11″ x 4-1/8″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso – 5-3/8″ x 4″
- Designer Paper – 5-1/2 ” x 4″ for die
- Scraps: Basic White, Early Espresso & Pool Party
- Stamp the chicken image on Basic White scrap paper.
- Color the chicken image with the Stampin’ Blends markers. Color the outside of the image with Crumb Cake marker.
- Using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine:
- Die cut the chicken image.
- Cut the Give it a Whirl rectangle & Circle Window out of the Designer Paper.
- Cut out the Give it a Whirl circle piece from Crumb Cake.
- Attach Adhesive Sheets to the back of Early Espresso Scrap paper and cut out 2 fence pieces and the scalloped circle frame.
- Cut out 3 clouds from Pool Party.
- Use a brad to attach the wheel to the back of the designer paper rectangle panel.
- Assemble the die cut pieces to the front of the designer paper rectangle:
- The chicken is attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The clouds are attached with Seal Adhesive.
- Attach the fence and scallop circle.
- Attach Early Espresso panel to the card base using Seal Adhesive.
- Attach the designer rectangle panel to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.