Floating Frame Technique Card Tutorial
Today’s card tutorial is for this set of cards from the Stampin’ Up Floating & Fluttering Bundle in the Mini Catalog. This is a 2-step stamp set. The outside of the images is stamped in black, the inside is stamped in colors to make coloring super easy. Both cards use the floating frame technique, and the focal point is created for both at that same time.
I have printable instructions below, but for added visual I have a video of this technique using an older stamp set.
HOW TO MAKE THESE CARDS
- Card Bases: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored in half
- Basic White: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White (Bumblebee Card)- 3″ x 2″
- Petal Pink (Bumblebee Card) – 3/8″ x 3-3/4″ Strip
- Just Dade (White Card) – 1/2 ” x 3″ Strip
- Basic White Scrap
- Stamp the following:
- “Wishing you all things fabulous” in Flirty Flamingo on the Petal Pink strip. Punch each end with the Triple Banner Punch.
- “You and more” in black ink on the Just Jade strip. Cut the ends at an angle.
- Randomly stamp the butterfly/leaf image around the Basic White scrap approximately 5 times. Stamp the inside of the images in different colors. Cut out with the coordinating die from the Fluttering dies set.
- Stamp the word “love” in Versamark on white scrap.
- Pour Heat & Stick powder over the words and heat until tacky. Then add Gilded Leafing flakes and heat again to set. Cut the word “love” out with the coordinating Always Dies.
- Line up the butterflies and leaves all around the Basic White panel. When they are lined up exactly as you want them, cover with press and seal. This will hold the pieces in place. See video linked above for visual.
- Lift the press & seal layer that has the butterfly and leaves cut outs, place upside down and add dimensionals to the back of each die cut. Remove the backings to the Dimensionals and line the panel back up over the Basic White panel and attach. All of the die cut pieces should be on dimensionals. You can now remove the press and seal gently from the top.
- Die cut the label from the Fluttering die out of the center of the panel. This will create the 2 focal pieces for each card. The label center will go on the Bumblebee card and the frame will go on the white card.
- On the white card attach the 2 word panels to the center with Stampin Dimensionals. Attach the Gilded Gems.
- On the Bumblebee card attach the butterfly panel to the Basic White panel with Seal Adhesive and attach to the card. Tie the Jade ribbon in a bow and attach to the card.
- Attach the word panel with Dimensionals. Attach the Matte Black Dots.