- NEW CATALOG DETAILS PART 1 of 3
- VIDEO 1 OF 3: 2018-19 ANNUAL CATALOG
- COLOR REVAMP
- Download color detail pdf
- NEW INK PADS
NEW CATALOG DETAILS PART 1 of 3
Linda and I will be bringing Stampin Up OnStage Events “reveals and news” to you in 3 parts because there is sooooo much to share! Today is part 1 of our series, we’ll be sharing:
- Occasions and Annual Catalog Retiring Lists
- New In Color Collection
- New Color Revamp Information and Details
- New Ink Pad Information
Read below for info on the on the Color Revamp, Color charts and stamp pad cases.
LIVE AT 5pm EST
I’ll be live streaming on Facebook and Youtube with Part 1 of the new Stampin Up catalog transition. We’ll be giving away some bonus prize patrol for viewers. If you can’t make it live, this video replay will be on here on my blog, Facebook , Youtube and Vimeo, along with an “after live” drawing (below).
VIDEO 1 OF 3: 2018-19 ANNUAL CATALOG
Part 1 of our series on The 2017-18 Stampin Up New Catalog Transition. The Retirement List and Sale, New In Colors, Core Color Revamp and New ink Pads.
Stay tuned for:
Part 2 on Tuesday: Sneak Peek products and suites
Part 3 on Friday: Share What You Love Early Release Bundles
The spice of life is variety, and that’s especially true in the world of color. Stampin’ Up! makes a point to keep an eye on color trends across different markets and industries. When we see changes happening, we review our color spectrum to ensure that we remain consistently on top of the trends. This brings us to the 2018 Color Revamp!
In order to keep bringing you the most current and on trend colors, we decided it was time to give our color collections a makeover.
With this revamp, you’ll not only have new products and a new variety of shades that will inspire creativity and allow you to explore more sides of your crafting.
There are still four color collections, each with ten colors. There is also a new color group called Basics.
In order to keep our color collections to exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, we moved Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White out of the Neutrals collection. We’ve also moved a few colors into the Neutrals collection, making it more exciting and colorful!
Some additional colors have changed collections as well—you’ll notice this as you look through the new collections below. You can refer to the old and new color charts in the 2018-2019 catalog. These changes were based on needing to maintain color balance in our updated collections. For example, Poppy Parade is now the brightest red so it is part of the Brights collection.
Download color detail pdf
NEW INK PADS
As you may have noticed, we’ve improved our ink pad cases and ink formula! The redesigned case and formula turned out exactly as we hoped. With change, there are often questions, and we wanted to provide you with information and talking points to aid you in talking to your customers about these changes.
Why did we change the case?
The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. We can only use a mold a limited number of times before we need to replace it, so we had to decide if we wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. We chose to improve it!
We wanted to align the updated case with the color refresh and improvements to our ink. In addition, we chose to time these changes with Stampin’ Up!’s rebranding and packaging updates. This way, when you invest in the new colors, you are also getting the new and improved ink pads at the same time! We wanted to make these updates and changes in a way that was most cost efficient for you.
What’s better about the case?
- Be less confusing to open. Opening the new ink pad case is now more simple and intuitive—just insert your thumb in the lip at the front of the case and lift it to open.
- Have a tighter fit between the lid and the base. With the new design, the lid doesn’t accidentally become disconnected, which was a common problem with the old case style. With use, the lid will be easier to slide open and close.
- Be stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. We designed a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the dimple on the top of another case. Tip: Removing the label stickers from the bottom of the case (after applying the needed labels to the case) also makes the ink pads stack a little better.
- Include improved labels and stickers. Here are a few of the ways we’ve done that:
- The top label now has a cleaner, bolder design and a larger color swatch, making it easier to see the ink’s color.
- The stickers include a new In Color icon.
- We’ve continued to provide color stickers that can be placed on the end of each case to easily identify the ink’s color at a glance.
- We’re introducing a new color sticker you can place on the inside of the case, so you can easily distinguish the ink’s color when the case is open.
How is the ink different?
We improved our ink formula because we noticed that our old ink would sometimes bubble, especially on new pads and with lighter colors. When this happened, the ink wasn’t as even and smooth when stamped as we’d like to see it.
The improved ink formula will:
- Reduce ink bubbles.
- Help you get a smooth coating of ink on the stamp.
- Help lay down the ink better.
How do I know if my Classic Ink Refill has the new and improved ink?
Beginning with the 2018–2019 Annual Catalog, all ink refills will have the improved ink formula. Also, if you or a customer recently received an ink refill and it has the new branding label, it contains the improved ink formula.
Can I use an old ink refill on a new ink pad or a new ink refill on an old ink pad?
Yes! You absolutely can with the exception of the Basic Gray Archival and Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ inks. Archival and Classic inks should not be mixed. All other Classic Stampin’ inks will work fine.
Where is the archival ink?
Archival ink will no longer be part of our ink offering. Basic Gray will now be part of the Classic Stampin’ ink family. Please note that you cannot use an archival ink refill on the new Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad, as this will ruin the new ink pad. Only use Classic Stampin’ ink refills on
Classic Stampin’ pads. Your best options for black ink pads are the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad, to use with Blends and general black stamping needs, and the Jet Black StāzOn Pad, to use for watercolor and nonporous surface stamping. Both will be part of our ink offering. We are confident that both the Memento and StāzOn pads are high-quality inks that perform to our customers’ needs.
Will the updated Classic Stampin’ Pad case fit in the Color Caddy?
Yes, it will fit into the Color Caddy–just not as tightly as the previous ink pad style. If you’ve stored the updated pads in your caddy, you’ll want to be careful when rotating the caddy and not turn it too fast. We are working on a new storage solution for the updated Classic Stampin’ Pad case and do not yet have a launch date.
STAMPIN’ BLENDS COLORS
April 1- May 31: Place a $75+ order in my online store and receive a free Annual Catalog
NOTE SHIP TIMES FOR YOUR FREE CATALOG WILL VARY BASED ON WHEN YOU EARN IT
Customers who qualify for a free catalog April 1-25 will be in the 1st round of shipping on May 8 direct from Stampin Up. If you qualify after this, your new catalog will ship the end of May.
- April 9:
- Retirement List is revealed
- Demonstrators can view New Catalog Online (via Demonstrator Website)
- Retiring Accessories are “while supplies last” (everything but stamps) Selling out fast.
- Demonstrators can Pre-order the “Share What You Love” Early Release Bundles
- May 1-31:
- Customers can order the “Share What You Love” Early Release Bundles in my online store
- May 2-31:
- Demonstrators can begin Pre-ordering Products from the new Catalog, and will receive the new catalog in with your order.
- New Recruits can get Pre-Order Products in their kit
- New Recruits receive a case of new Catalogs w/ their kits
- Demonstrators: Tami will host a Pre-Order Card Swap for Demonstrators (exact due date TBD)
- May 8: Customer Catalogs Round 1 ships earned April 1-25 will begin shipping (if you qualify for a free catalog in May, it will ship the end of May)
- May 15: Demonstrators free Catalogs begin shipping from Stampin Up (if you did not place a pre-order)
- May 22: Retiring Stamp Sets go “While supplies last” and may sell out.
- May 31: LAST DAY both Old Catalog, Retiring List AND Occasions Catalog
- June 1: Customers can begin ordering from the new Catalog
Entry to this “after live” prize patrol giveaway is free and requires a video comment entry. To enter the drawing, simply click and watch the video on Facebook and Youtube and leave a comment in the video comments section. No purchase necessary.
Congratulations to our live winners (drawn live).
Click here to see a list of winners and for the prize claim form if you have won.
HOW TO GET THE NEW ANNUAL CATALOG
- Join my Online Club: active club members receive free catalogs
- Join Stampin’ Up as a Demonstrator: automatically get free catalogs from Stampin Up, demo discount and pre-order new products
- April 1 – May 31: Place a min $75 order in my online store automatically receive a free catalog from me – note the catalog ship dates based on when you earned a free catalog from me.
NEW CATALOG SHIP TIMES
- Order placed April 1- 25 (1st Round): new catalogs will ship direct from Stampin Up beginning May 8
- Order placed April 26 – May 31 (2nd Round): new catalogs will ship the end of May.
PRE-ORDER YOUR NEW CATALOG
If you don’t have a demonstrator, and don’t qualify for a free catalog. The cost is $7 (this is to cover my shipping costs). These are 200+ big catalogs and idea books, and I purchase these and pay to ship them. I offer them to you for free, but I need to charge to cover the shipping costs.