This card beauty features a super cool fold technique known as the Double Curtain Fold, or Double Pleat Fold. This card was designed by Julie DeGuia and she shares directions (and a diagram) for it below. I did a video a few years ago showing the single Curtain Fold that I’ve included as well.
This card features flowers images and DSP from the Painted Seasons Bundle that is available free during Saleabration (ends Mach 31). It used Healing Hugs for the “Get Well Soon” words.
Double Curtain Fold Instructions and Measurements
- Designer Paper: 10″ x 5-3/8″
- On the long side, score the paper at the following: 1″x 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 4″, 4-1/2″, 5-1/2″, 6″, 7″, 7-1/2″, 8-1/2″ & 9″
- Mark the DSP with a pencial on the long sides at 4-1/2″ and 5-1/2″, and the short sides at 2-3/16″ and 3-3/16″.
- Line up the paper trimmer to each set of pencil marks to cut the diagonal shape as shown (see diagram / video).
- Fold as shown, pressing each pleat as you with a bone folder.
- Adhere to the background paper cut: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″.
- Trim any overhang.
Here’s a video a did a few years back showing the single “Curtain Fold” technique.