FLOATING OTTER WINDOW SHEET CARD
The Floating Otter Window Sheet Card is such a fun card! One otter appears to be floating on a window sheet, and the other playing in the water. The otters are from the Stampin Up Awesome Otters Stamp Set. The aquatic background design is from the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper. Both the stamp set and paper are available free during Saleabration (ends February 28).
The Awesome Otters stamp set & Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper are available free during Saleabration. They will only be available until February 28, 2022.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Misty Moonlight Card Base:
- 7″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Window Sheet: 5-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Balmy Blue (Inside): 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White (Inside): 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Misty Moonlight: 4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
- DSP: (2) 4-1/8″ x 1-3/8″
- Scrap: Basic White
- Texture the frame of the inside white panel with the largest Stitched with Whimsy die.
- Stamp both otter images on scrap Basic White in Memento Black ink. Stamp the words on the inside white panel.
- Color the otters with Stampin‘ Blends Markers:
- Otter Body: SU 400, SU 200 & SU 100
- Otter Belly: SU 700, SU 800 & Color Lifter
- Nose: Gray Granite
- Fish: Mint Macaron & Just Jade
- Water: Balmy Blue & Night of Navy
- Color scrap with blends and attach to the back of the otter with the fish with Seal Adhesive. This will give his back color after cutting (see photo).
- Attach a scrap of Adhesive Sheet to the front of the otter with the fish. Using the Adhesive Sheet, no adhesive will through the clear window sheet when attached.
- Cut out both otter images.
- Assemble the card with Seal Adhesive.
- Attach the otter in the water with Seal Adhesive.
- Remove the Adhesive sheet backing from the otter in the water and attach to the under side of the window sheet so he floats under the sheet.
- Attach Pebble Enamel Shapes.
Want to save this card idea? Pin it to your Pinterest board.
Have you tried this design? I love to see your creations! Be sure to share them on #shareyourcrafts post every Saturday on my Facebook Page.
I love the way the otter floats on the card. He is attached under the window sheet. I used an Adhesive Sheet to attach him so the adhesive doesn’t show.
The images are colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers. The otters use the new Natural Tones Stampin’ Blends Markers. I’ve listed the colors I used on each section in the instructions.
I thought the Pebble Enamel Shapes look like water droplets on the card. I used the Stitched with Whimsy die to create the stitching effect on the inside panel.
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS CARD