How to Make a Special Moments Card using Layering Masks
Have you seen the new Butterflies & Flowers layering decorative masks from Stampin’ Up? They are pretty awesome! This card was created using the masks. The words are from the Special Moments Sale-a-bration stamp set. This beautiful card was created by Judy Garza. I have instructions and a video sharing How to make a Special Moments Card using the masks below. Plus, a bonus card idea using the!
How to Make a Special Moments Card
- Calypso Coral – 4 ¼” x 11”, score and fold at 5 ½”.
- Old Olive – 4” x 5 ¼”
- Basic White – 3 ½” x 4 ¾”, 1” x 2”, 4” x 5 ¼” (inside)
- Cut a 7” piece of white Baker’s Twine. Color the twine with Calypso Coral Blends marker. Set aside to dry
- Die-cut Old Olive cardstock with the largest rectangle die in the Color and Contours set. Set aside.
- Use Daffodil Delight ink with a blending brush to stencil the floral bouquet onto the 3 ½” x 4 ¾” panel of Basic White. TIP: (use old washi tape or painters’ tape to hold paper and stencil in place, lining up on a grid pad)
- Remove and reposition the corresponding stencil over the yellow flowers. Use a different blending brush to add Calypso Coral ink.
- Find the stencil with various leaves. Line the leaf sprigs, one at a time, by lining up next to the flowers. Apply Old Olive ink with a third blending brush. TIP: Use tape to cover the nearby stencil openings to avoid brushing ink where you do not want it.
- Die-cut with the second largest scallop rectangle in Contour Dies.
- Stamp the sentiment with Old Olive ink on the 1 x 2” scrap and die-cut with the smallest rectangle die in Stitched So Sweetly set. Then, re-apply the die to cut it again to make it shorter.
- Make a tiny bow with the colored Baker’s Twine. Add to the sentiment with a mine glue dot then dimensional the sentiment as shown.
- Dimensional the floral panel to the Old Olive panel then glue to the card front as shown.
- Add the Basic White panel to the inside of the card.
LAYERING MASK VIDEO
Download the free printable instructions for how to make this card. A full supply list is included with clickable links.
Want to save this card idea? Pin it to your Pinterest board.
Have you tried this design? I love to see your creations! Be sure to share them on #shareyourcrafts post every Saturday on my Facebook Page.
The masks create such beautiful flowers.
Here’s another card idea using the masks. This is the card design created in the video tutorial above.