Whimsical Tree Slim Card & Envelope
The Stampin Up Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection offers subtle shimmer with iridescent snowflakes, pretty patterns and elegant trees. I have full instructions for how to create this Whimsical Tree Slim card below. Also a bonus to create envelopes with the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Paper.
STAMPIN UP WHIMSY & WONDER SUITE COLLECTION
HOW TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Mossy Meadow Slim Card Base – 7″ x 6″ scored at 3-1/2″ on the 7″ side (folds into 3-1/2″ x 6″ card)
- Basic White Cardstock – 5-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Whimsy & Wonder Designer Series Paper (holly leaf pattern) – 3″ x 3″
- Whimsy & Wonder Designer Series Paper (Blushing Bride with iridescent snowflakes) – 3-3/8″ x 2-1/2″
- Scraps: Designer Series Paper, Mossy Meadow, Misty Moonlight, Polished Pink, Old Olive & Basic White
- Cut Mossy Meadow cardstock to 7″ x 6″. Score at 3-1/2″ along the 7″ side. Fold to create a slim 3-1/2″ x 6″ card. Cut Basic White cardstock to 3-1/4″ x 5-3/4″ and adhere inside card for a writing area.
- Cut Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper to 3″ x 3″ (holly leaf pattern) and 3-3/8″ x 2-1/2″ (Blushing Bide with iridescent snowflakes). Adhere layers to card with Stampin’ SEAL.
- Stamp sketch tree image on scrap Snowy White Velvet Sheets with Blushing Bride ink. Stamp greeting on Shimmery White cardstock with Misty Moonlight ink. Allow ink to dry.
- Cut 2″ x 4″ scraps of Mossy Meadow and Polished Pink cardstock. Paint each with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and set aside to dry.
- Die cut greeting with Layering Circles Die that is about 1-5/8″ and die cut scrap Misty Moonlight cardstock with the scallop Layering Circle Die that is slightly larger.
- Die cut the stamped tree with coordinating die, Old Olive with the open tree die, and Mint Macaron diamond patterned Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Design Series Paper with the tallest tree die.
- Die cut the zig-zag garland from Shimmery White cardstock. Die cut the tiny ornaments and stars from the Wink of Stella painted Mossy Meadow and Polished Pink cardstock.
- Layer Old Olive tree onto card front and adhere with Stampin’ Seal. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the zig-zag garland to the largest tree. Adhere to card front with Stampin’ SEAL. Add Velvet stamped tree with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a couple strips of Stampin’ SEAL to the card front under where the circle greeting will go. Cut a 8″ piece of the Blushing Bride 3/8″ Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon. Cut one end straight across. Pull threads to unravel the entire ribbon. The long threads that make the length of the ribbon will remain. Wrap the threads loosely around several fingers and press into the Stampin’ SEAL. Don’t worry about being perfect, a bit random and unraveled lo makes this look the best!
- Layer circles with Stampin’ SEAL and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere stars and ornaments to trees. Add several of the gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots around the card.
Create a coordinating envelope using a 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ piece of Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper. Place the card diagonally on the center of the paper. Fold in the side edges (3-1/2″ edges of card). Fold up the bottom long edge and use Stampin’ SEAL or Stampin’ SEAL+ to adhere the bottom flap to the side flaps (don’t adhere to the card!). Add Stampin’ SEAL to the edge of the remaining flap and seal closed. Add adhesive labels for adding an address if mailing.
Download the free printable instructions for how to make this card. A full supply list is included with clickable links.
Want to save this card idea? Pin it to your Pinterest board.
Have you tried this design? I love to see your creations! Be sure to share them on #shareyourcrafts post every Saturday on my Facebook Page.